For the second straight week, Aaron Rodgers has a quarterback rating above 130. Couple that with multiple touchdowns and 0 interceptions and you’ve got a recipe for success.
Here are a few more staggering stats that describe what the leader of the Pack has been able to accomplish in the last 2 weeks:
* 9 TDs
* 0 INTs
* 680 yards
* 73% Completion (54 COMPs / 74 ATTs)
* Over the last 2 weeks, Rodgers QB Rating is a whopping 140.8
* Rodgers has been sacked 5 times for 20 yards (only 2 sacks could have possibly been thrown away)
With those numbers, Rodgers is once again setting the bar quite high when it comes to a run at multiple MVP consideration.
Some other statistical notes:
* Jordy Nelson has caught 17 balls for 243 yards and 4 TDs
* Randall Cobb has caught 15 balls for 191 yards and 2 TDs
* James Jones has caught 9 balls for 86 yards and 2 TDs
During the last two weeks, Mike McCarthy has ran the ball 53 times for 152 yards.
NOTE: The Packers have not rushed for a TD since John Kuhn ran for 2 yards in the 1st quarter of the Packers / Colts game.
The Packers have 2 rushing TDs all season
With the offense getting all the praise, the defense has certainly been doing it’s job better….not great but better. Over the last 2 weeks, the Packers defensive unit has been getting it done on 3rd down (9 of 23) for .39%
BUT…when opponents are in the Packers Red Zone, they’ve been deadly. Dom Capers’ defense has surrendered points 4 out of 5 times when pushed beyond their own 20.
The Packers have a lot of work to do but things are certainly looking better for this bunch who started out relatively slow.